Saturday, January 1, 2011

Brand New Blog

Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere. I plan to write about my adventures in the yard, garden, kitchen and community. This will be a public journal to some degree, a way to record projects, success, failures, and contemplations. Maybe I can help other folks find inspiration in my own stories and in links to other resources that have made an impact on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9XyhFQeob0

My title is a play on words from the song "Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes" by Edison Lighthouse. My youngest daughter's name is Rosemary and that is "her" song. We play it often and sing it together. She (and the whole family) is loving and growing around here. Of course I also have the herb rosemary growing in my garden!

I am the Mother of three wonderful children and Wife of Rob, Aquatics Center Manager and budding songwriter. We spend a ridiculous amount of time at the pool as all three children are competitive swimmers.  I am also a Licensed Homebirth Midwife. I don't plan to blog about Midwifery per se, but it is a huge part of my life and will likely find its way into my writing.

I believe in eating locally, cooking at home, canning and freezing my abundance, and sharing with my friends and family. I try to live lightly, consume minimally, and seek balance. If I ever fully succeed, I won't be blogging any more :) Blessings on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment